Friday, May 14, 2010

Hoooomeward Bound, I wish I was, Hoooomeward Bound...

So, eventful little week. After his episode on the recess playground on my birthday, (the final of many) Hayikan has been deemed "too dangerous to himself and others." To complete the story of my birthday, Hayikan threw two desks, attempted to hurt me by twisting my arm several times, attempted to run away, and threw a chair at our big teddy bear of a man, Mr. White, who is called in for restraints. This was not even the most severe of his behaviors and I have been trying to get him into another setting for the safety of the other kids since October. It's May, and its finally being taken seriously! (mini victory for me!)
He is now on homebound instruction. What this means is that he will now be homeschooled until a spot opens up at the behavior institute to help him with his mental issues. What does that mean for me? I volunteered to be his homeschool teacher for 5 hours after school. I figured, I've come so far with him and I know his triggers and where he is academically, I can make the most of the 4 weeks (20 hours) I have left with the boy. It was also decided for my safety that we would meet at a neutral site (public library) so that I dont have to go into his home (phew!)
I'm pretty excited bc that means I'll have more money to put toward saving for a new car! Also, I'm pretty attached to the cause of Hayikan and hopefully in a one on one situation can make some academic and behavior breakthroughs. Finally, all my kids get more of my attention during the school day, which will do wonders for Kenan. I only wished they got more of my time more of the school year.

Other news, Pat's baseball team (he's the coach) are conference champs and will be playing in state. Because the coach is pretty cute, its been a lot of fun going to the ball park and watching from the sidelines.
My cousin, Danie, comes to visit from Joooisey tonight before she jets off to study in Paris. So jealous, and I cant wait to share with her the details from my trip overseas.
On Sunday, I'm going to Washington DC (just an hour's drive) to visit with a college friend, and watch a new Delaware friend, Maggie, ump her first game as an international field hockey umpire. She is just about as cool as they come.

Happy Friday! Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment