I got my last "handshake, high five, or hug" from my kiddos, it's 4:00 o'clock and they just left on the bus for summer break. They had an amazing fanfare farewell with honks and waving from every teacher in the building. I had to immediately write, bc I'm just a bottomless pit of emotion. I cannot stop crying and I cant understand why...sad? joy? relief? I'm going to miss my little buggers, and I've cared for them so much. There were days, I would cry on the way to work and then I would leave laughing. You could be having a great day and then 10 minutes later, be looking for the nearest exit or hiding in the bathroom for a moment to breath. As a teacher, you put all of your emotion in the classroom and in the kids to get through the day. And being that open and ungaurded takes a lot out of you. I think every emotion I felt this year is just pouring out at once. One thing is for sure, I will always always, remember my "wild things, the wild rumpuses, the roaring of the terrible roars and the gnashing of the terrible teeth." No matter how crazy my monsters were, we loved each other and everyone supported each other through everything in our own special ways. We were everything my class theme lived up to! We were every line of the story. We were "Where the Wild Things Are!"

Cheers! (Heres hoping I stop crying soon!)
Does this mean no posts til next fall? Say it ain't so
ReplyDelete